Sunday, August 9, 2009

Food is everywhere....even in movies.....

Today I woke up with good intentions. After the dinner party that I threw for my friends last night, I knew that I needed to get focused and not waste the entire weekend. I had plans to go to the movies with my friend Suzana to see "Julie & Julia". Knowing that I was going to watch a movie that was all about food, I wanted to be sure and start my day right.

I worked out on the Wii and had an Isagenix shake for breakfast. I still wanted to go for a walk/run outside. My apartment complex has a great hiking trail within the complex. It's part paved and part gravel. I usually try to run in the gravel and walk on the pavement. It gives me a good "interval" to alternate walking and running. At some point I hope to have built up enough endurance to be able to run completely. I've definitely built up more endurance from before. I used to not be able to run more than 2-3 times during the 20 minute loop. Now I run about 8-10 times during the loop. I always feel like I've accomplished so much when I come back off my run.

Suzana picked me up for the movie about 10:45am as the movie started at 11:20am. The movie was quite enjoyable despite all the food references and looking at delicious food for the entire movie. It left Suzana and I wanting to host a dinner party for our friends where we cooked everything from scratch out of the cookbook. I dont think Julia Child's had a section for "diet" or "low calorie" foods, therefore, I may enjoy cooking, but I might not eat a lot of the food we prepare. I do love to cook though, and would thoroughly enjoy the challenge of cooking something new from a recipe.

Suzana and I went to lunch at Red Robin. While I wanted a cheeseburger, what I chose was the Cobb Salad with no tomatos/black olives. I got a side of bleu cheese dressing and a side of balsamic vinagrette. When I order salads at restaurants I always order dressing on side and i dip my fork in so that i use less dressing (and can still enjoy my favorite dressings without a ton of extra calories).

We proceeded to go shopping the rest of the afternoon which used to be an activity that I dreaded and therefore rarely did, but these days I find myself enjoying it more and more. I spoiled myself with 3 new pairs of shoes!

It's always good to reward yourself with things that aren't food.

Since I had eaten out at lunch, I had an isagenix shake for dinner (with blueberries & 1/2 banana).

Overall, I feel like it was a semi-successful way to end my weekend.

Food for Today:
Breakfast - Isagenix shake with 1/2 banana
Lunch - Cobb Salad at Red Robin
Dinner - Isagenix shake with 1/2 banana and blueberries

Current Weight: 204 (up 3 lbs from yesterday)

No comments:

Post a Comment